Family Law Attorney for Austin and Central Texas CALL US: 512-499-8678

Grandparents and other Relatives

The Texas Family Code specifically provides that a child's grandparents, aunt or uncle, and/or adult siblings can petition the court  by filing an original suit or modification within 90 days of the date of termination of the parent-child relationship.  The petition must seek to be named the child's managing conservator.  Post-termination litigation is complicated and fraught with procedural land mines, it is recommended that you seek legal counsel that is experienced in handling this type of litigation, because even the slightest mistake will lead to a relative's post termination claim being dismissed.

Please see the topic tab "Galvin Hyde Team" in the Grandparent practice area category.