- August 26, 2011
Love & Divorce in Texas
A recent Census Bureau report found Texans (and Southerners in general) more eager to enter into matrimony than their North Eastern counterparts. The report, based on the 2009 census data ...
- May 1, 2011
Estranged Spouses Increasingly Waiting Out Downturn to Divorce
The Washington Post points out that with a depressing economy, housing market, and disappearing jobs, "divorce has become a luxury" outside the reach of many couples. Simply put, "there is ...
- April 30, 2011
"Economics" and the "Divorce Rate"
Mention "ecomonics" and the common thought turns to inflation and interest rates; however, it appears that the "divorce rate" may also be directly impacted by the world of economics. The ...
- April 4, 2011
McCourts' Divorce Heading to a Record $19 Million in Fees
Frank McCourt and Jamie McCourt are pacing themselves to a record high costs for their divorce. The owners of the Los Angeles Dodgers are expected to spend $19 million in ...
- February 18, 2011
The New Art of Alimony
First, this is probably not a big issue for Texans since Texas takes one of the most stringent approaches to alimony/maintenance in the Union. Nevertheless, the Wall Street Journal ...
- February 10, 2011
Racial Bias in Adoption
According to data compiled by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, in 2008 there were 6,375 Texas children waiting to be adopted. Over two-thirds of all the ...
- February 2, 2011
Military Pro Bono Project
The Military Pro Bono Project, a project of the ABA, is looking for help to provide pro bono representation to service members in family law cases. Please consider giving a ...
- January 20, 2011
CPS to Investigate Ballon-Boy's Family
Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden informed reporters that he has asked CPS to investigate the Heene family to make sure the boys are living in a safe home. CPS has ...
- December 10, 2010
CLE Paper--Getting Your CPS Case in Trial Ready Form
I've posted the CLE paper for Thursday CAFA CLE on getting a case ready for trial. I apologize for the delay in making the paper available; unfortunately, when I ...
- November 11, 2010
Ranking of the Top 10 Nastiest Celebrity Divorces
I'm not sure if I agree with this ranking, but quite frankly, I am too busy handling my "real" clients' real problems to spend too much time tracking the ...
- There are currently no Twitter accounts.
- Heading back to Austin. Judge dismissed CPS case. Good clients and better parents picking up son today.
- Absolutely cool Google glasses. http://t.co/AumquQ0n
- 3rd leg of this weeks legal tour: Georgetown for a final hearing.
- Tax traps and divorce. Make sure to talk to not only your attorney, but tax advisor. http://t.co/5MIf9mB4
- Start of the morning in Judge Pope's court. Good breeze in Richmond this morning. Hoping thins remain cool.
- Bastrop this morning. Nice result for client. Off to Ft. Bend http://t.co/4BZ7wbHv
- File under things I take for granted http://t.co/ht07PpVs
- Divorce a top 5 cause of bankruptcy. Shifting joint debt to ex still leaves you exposed to creditors. http://t.co/cBFP3Uab
- DPS travel advisory re Mexico. Be extra careful if heading south of the border. http://t.co/7FwFKvy0
- Currently reading http://t.co/00E6DcZQ